BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like Walmart, Oscar Health and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations Management.
Headquartered in New York City, with a product and engineering office in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S., BetterCloud has raised $187 million to date.We are looking for a software engineer who loves building software, regardless of the languages or tech stack they’ve used in the past. If you’re a solid engineer we’ll help you learn the specifics of a particular language on the job. Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform.
Our technology stack includes ReactJS on the front end, Java (primarily) on the server side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end, including MySQL, ElasticSearch, and BigTable. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka and Flink. We build, manage and deploy hundreds of microservices using Kubernetes and Terraform.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. We’re simply looking for engineers who are great at what they do, love it, and are eager to learn. If you have these qualities and are willing to hit the ground running then we’re the place for you!
- 3+ years experience with Java or some other object-oriented language.
- Experience with Git or another version control system.
- The desire to further your career by learning and working with cutting edge technologies.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
About You (preferred)
- Experience with Spring or another DI framework.
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks.
- Experience with GCP, AWS, Azure or another cloud platform.
- Knowledge of build tools and CI/CD pipelines.
- A working knowledge of Scrum or some other agile software methodology.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote – Qualified applicants based on most states of the U.S.A. are eligible for this position. Note that there are a number of states from where this position cannot be held.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents BetterCloud’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $115,000 – 140,000
This salary range represents BetterCloud’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of posting, and BetterCloud may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. The final salary for this position will be determined in BetterCloud’s sole discretion, consistent with applicable law, and based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the employee’s work experience, skills, and qualifications for the role, as well as the needs of BetterCloud’s business and other operational considerations.
Overview of BetterCloud Benefits:
- Health benefits package (including medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- PTO (sick leave, parental leave, vacation benefits)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health Resources