WHO WE ARE:
At ActBlue we build and maintain a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
If you’ve ever given online to a Democratic candidate or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our software. We’re a tech nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join ActBlue and help us shape the growth of our platform.
Our engineering and product organization is made up of 65+ people (and growing!), and we are organized into cross-functional teams of 3-6 people with clear areas of product focus. We work with Ruby on Rails, Postgres, React, Typescript, GraphQL, and other technologies.
In this role, you will be joining one of our software engineering teams and partnering with Product, User Experience, and the other product development teams. The team you would join helps foster long-term relationships between progressive organizations and their communities of supporters. Together, you will build accessible, scalable, engaging, and insightful tools for the web.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and other software engineers to build robust user experiences across several web applications used by campaigns and organizations on ActBlue
- Practice and encourage a people-focused engineering mentality when working cross-functionally
- Improve the performance and maintainability of our platform through quality code, comprehensive testing and monitoring, and effective documentation
- Engage with and contribute to technical discussions around new solutions and architecture
- Receive support from your manager and other senior leaders to grow as an individual and increase your impact within ActBlue and the progressive movement
- Be a champion for building a collaborative and inclusive team culture
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Some professional experience developing web applications. Experience with either Ruby on Rails or React. Experience with both is a bonus!
- A track record of delivering features while collaborating with product and design to resolve ambiguity and prioritize the highest impact work
- A demonstrated ability to write extensible, maintainable, and scalable code
- An inclusive and empathetic working style in a remote and distributed work environment
- An eagerness to learn and grow your skills as an engineer for all parts of the stack
- A passion for software and ActBlue’s mission to build people-powered movements
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes the benefits listed below:
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.