Are you a developer who enjoys enabling other developers to build great applications and user experiences?
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Many of these restaurant chains create a wide variety of custom applications and websites that integrate with Olo’s APIs. Likewise, the emergence of third party restaurant marketplaces and delivery services has opened new sales channels for restaurant chains, and Olo enables those channels via integrations to our APIs. We also work with a broad array of food delivery providers, POS vendors, and loyalty platform providers who integrate their solutions into the Olo Platform to enable a complete digital ordering experience. Working on Olo’s Developer Experience team will give you the opportunity to assist developers from the most innovative and notable tech companies in the food space.
We are looking for a talented mid – senior level engineer to join our team in the role of a Full Stack Developer to help us achieve our vision. You will play a significant and visible role in helping our partners incorporate online ordering into their own applications and solutions. Your primary role will be to build functionality that enables external developers to integrate with Olo in an efficient manner. Your success will enable the expansion of the Olo digital ordering universe.
Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team (and Olo) is remote!
What You’ll Do
- Design reliable, but simple solutions to complex problems at scale
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of software engineering concepts across the entire stack
- Observe system performance in your domain and identify the latest problems
- Assess and resolve production incidents that arise in the components your team manages
- Participate in the mix of frontend and backend work as it changes from one project to the next
- Research and propose new technologies to apply
- Look for diverse perspectives, and challenging business and technical assumptions
What We’ll Expect From You
- Curiosity and a drive to figure things out
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Comfortable in multiple programming languages and frameworks. Our current tech stack includes C#, F#, JS, React, and PostgreSQL but is evolving all the time
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, and a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, a 401k match, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!