About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a software engineer on the CAD team at Aurora, you will help us develop the next generation of CAD engine and User Experience for our solar design platform allowing our users to design larger systems with higher quality and speed.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Build innovative interactive and intuitive web editing functions for our industry-leading CAD solar design platform
- Improve our frontend software architecture used to construct and visualize 3D geometry
- Write high-quality code by implementing end-to-end automated tests for those functions
- Implement, guide, and influence Aurora Solar’s front-end engineering practices
What we value:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field/years of experience
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with the domain of computer graphics and with browser-based 3D visualization (WebGL, three.js)
- Experience with continuous integration, and automated validation/deployment systems
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, prioritizing team outcomes over ego, ready to invest in staying curious and ahead with technologies
- Familiarity with full-stack development is a bonus