Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We are seeking a bright, talented software engineer to join a new team in our company building software to support our investment management efforts. This is a full stack role on a greenfield project to manage one of the most interesting real estate portfolios in the industry. Our engineering team moves quickly and works closely with other departments to get close to the business problems they are writing software to solve. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in real estate investing and investment management.
- Build, scale and improve software systems for a rapidly-growing real estate investment platform
- Deploy software in rapid release cycles (usually multiple times a day!)
- Enhance, maintain and monitor systems deployed on AWS
- Review pull-requests and participate in code reviews to ensure software quality
- Participate in the end-to-end software development lifecycle, including design and architecture decisions, implementing new systems and features, testing, deploying, and resolving issues that arise in production
- Software engineering experience building and maintaining applications
- Familiarity with SQL and transactional databases
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders to build software solutions to complex business problems
- Experience writing quality code with a modern programming language – we use Java and Typescript but welcome candidates with experience in other languages
- Interest in FinTech, specifically real estate finance and investing
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with a frontend SPA framework
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Lambda, S3, SES and more)
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave