At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen.
We need software engineers like you to join our team. We have several open positions with multiple teams from the mid to senior level.
As part of the team, reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will develop, scale, and monitor solutions, improvements, and services across our ordering platform. While the main focus will be on our back-end, contributions are encouraged throughout our stack.
We aim to collaborate well. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the codebase is off-limits. We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration and encourage constant refactoring. You’ll work with a passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern technologies.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Do
- Design reliable, but simple solutions to complex problems at scale.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of software engineering concepts.
- Observe system performance in your domain and identifying new problems.
- Assess and resolve production incidents that arise in the components your team manages.
- Research and propose new technologies to apply.
- Look for diverse perspectives, and challenging business and technical assumptions.
- Provide constructive criticism in a way that builds the team’s overall strength.
- Satisfy commitments.
How We Work
- We foster a culture of collaboration, communication, skill-sharing, belonging, mutual respect, and curiosity.
- We practice Whole Team Quality, no throwing code over the wall.
- System Reliability Engineering, Scalability, and Security are embedded throughout our software process.
- We are outcome not output focused.
- Our tech stack is rooted in .NET (C# and F#) and SQL Server running in AWS infrastructure and modern software engineering tools such as GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Datadog, and Sumo Logic, and heavy use of OSS
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!