Noyo is building the digital infrastructure to bring health insurance into the modern era. With Noyo, benefits software companies can quickly and securely trade data with health insurance plans without building an in-house system from scratch.
Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, we develop modern infrastructure to support a new generation of consumer health insurance experiences. Our powerful API platform enables faster, more accurate data exchange between for all types of health insurance experiences.
We are a rapidly-growing Series A startup that has raised more than $16M from the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of healthcare.
Noyo is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. We have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
About The Role
Noyo makes it simple for any software company to embed benefits into their offering through a combination of powerful APIs, robust dashboards, and out-of-the-box tooling. Our backend engineers work on the systems and business logic that support all of the products that we offer. Backend engineers work across all sorts of different areas of Noyo, from building new features for our customers, to building integrations with the insurance carriers we partner with.
We’re looking for engineers who collaborate effectively with other engineers as well as cross-functionally. We value engineers who can reason with complex systems and business logic, communicate those concepts to our customers and their peers, and design efficient and elegant solutions to our most challenging problems.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, and maintain APIs and systems that serve Noyo’s customers and other engineering teams within Noyo
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team as well as product and operations teams to build new features from ideation to launch
- Debug issues and maintain production systems deployed in a cloud environment
- Maintain high engineering standards for system design, code quality, and communication
- Leverage your experience to help define new and innovative ways to use data to build better developer-first product experiences.
- Help shape the culture and processes of the engineering team
What We Are Looking For
- Experience building and maintaining APIs and web services. These could be internal systems or customer-facing products.
- You should be familiar with using modern web technologies to build well-architected services with great APIs
- We program primarily in Python, but if you have experience working with any modern web framework, you could be a great fit
- Experience working in an environment with continuous integration, along with logging and monitoring a production environment
- We’re seeking developers with a minimum of 4 years of full-time professional experience. We welcome applications from more experienced engineers as well and will adjust responsibilities and compensation accordingly.
- Relevant practical experience or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field.
You Might Work On
- Building new API endpoints for our customers or improving existing endpoints
- Improving our core platform logic or implementing new complex logic as our business grows.
- Building an entirely new set of services from the ground up, supporting future Noyo products and initiatives
- Building a new bespoke integration with an insurance carrier partner
- Working with our operations team to build automation for particular business logic or tasks
- Creating systems or infrastructure to support new features or products that Noyo is releasing
Visa sponsorship is available for this position
What we value
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What we offer
Competitive salary and equity packages – You’ll be an owner of the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Noyo pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents premiums
Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance – Company paid life and disability coverage
Health and Dependent Care FSAs – Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
401k Account – 401k program through Guideline
Commuter Benefits – Tax-advantaged commuter benefits account
Home Office Stipend – Noyo offers each team member a $500 stipend to spend on home office related equipment
Parental Support – 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
Paid Time Off – Uncapped vacation days & paid holidays
Holidays Off – Noyo observes 14 holidays including Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day, Election Day, & Veterans day
How we work together
No Meeting Wednesdays – Wednesdays are used for deep work, so we try to avoid meetings being scheduled this day unless it’s client sensitive.
Tech Stack – We primarily use Slack, Google Suite, and Notion.
Core Hours – To maintain our flexible, self-directed work schedules without leading people to feel they need to be constantly connected, we’ve implemented core meeting hours where cross-time zone meetings happen.
Noyo products serve everyone, and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent their users. We value unique contributions and actively welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Noyo. We are committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Noyo participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching the information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Here you will find links to the Participation Poster as well as the Right to Work notices in English and Spanish.