This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada
THERE’S A LOT TO SMILE ABOUT
The Smile Digital Health platform enables people and organizations to manage healthcare data better. It’s built around a standard made by HL7 called FHIR, which acts as a new universal language for healthcare data. Different information technology systems can communicate by speaking the same data language. People are also at the heart of our organization.
Consider a career with us today.
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
We are looking for an Sales Engineer generalist who enjoys flexing their wide-ranging expertise. You possess various skills to help shape and deliver on our Health Data Fabric (HDF) anchored in Smile’s world-class FHIR platform. As a trusted customer advisor, you will help healthcare and related companies to understand the full breadth and technical & business details of our solutions, including through solutions architecting. You will use various means such as presentations, demonstrations and RFP responses to detail how to adopt & migrate existing systems and data to the Smile platform. You will be sensitive to and support the customer’s business model and cultural transformation towards a Smile HDF. The ability to link technology with measurable business value is critical to this role. If you are a software engineer with strong presentation skills and are passionate about improving healthcare at the intersection of technology and business, please read on.
- Determine and analyze complex product functional gaps technically, and collaborate with various internal teams to develop solutions.
- Provide scoping support to the sales team and substantiate the solutions offered to prospects from both a business and technical point of view.
- Create high-level IT architecture specifications and design documents, along with troubleshooting and resolving issues with the design.
- Support and lead the design and execution of software applications, platforms and data to Smile’s platform while being sensitive to the customer’s business model and cultural transformation toward a Smile Health Data Fabric.
- Support and contribute to customer proposals and closing by preparing and delivering technical presentations explaining products and services to prospective customers through technical and product demonstrations, presentations and ongoing technical consultation.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Rapidly develop and maintain a deep knowledge of Smile’s products, FHIR, and customer environment.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to improve the product, sales and marketing continuously.
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with programming and has 2 software programming languages.
- Significant hands-on experience in implementation and customer consulting.
- Experience building complex technology-based systems successfully delivered to customers, particularly at scale.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the launch of the project.
- Provide support, training and mentoring of new hires in Pre-Sales Engineering.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in explaining complex technical software product features, technical designs, product strategy, and intended solutions.
- Knowledge of professional software development practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Knowledge of at least one major CSP and deployment pattern, including CI/CD, container, orchestration, IaaS scripting and architecting.
- Knowledge and/or experience in modern programming tools and development patterns such as microservices architecture, scalable enterprise, etc.
- Experience with health technologies (i.e. HL7 FHIR), preferred but not required.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting and embracing our differences and celebrating shared values. Our people are the foundation of our continued success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have questions during the application or interview process.