Mailgun is seeking a senior software developer to join our engineering team and help us develop enterprise services and tools. Candidate must have strong organizational skills and be a self-starter comfortable working in a small group or alone to satisfy requirements. Candidate will be designing, building, and delivering highly scalable software systems to meet our growing application and business requirements.
Candidate will be responsible for leading the dev effort for the unification of internal tools while also maintaining our existing systems. You will also be responsible for working with other teams throughout the company to ensure adoption of new systems.
- We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As a developer on the team, you are responsible for not only building great software, but ensuring it is operating properly once it’s been deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of requests each day and have to not only scale but be highly secure.
- The internal systems team is responsible for multiple systems and integration workstreams across the business.
- Experience building scalable distributed systems is preferred.
- Experience with SQL and noSQL (Mongo, Cassandra) databases is preferred.
- Experience with both back-end and middleware development is preferred.
- Passion for clean and simple code despite tight time constraints
- Minimum 5-7 years practical software development experience in building large-scale web-based applications
- Experience with Go & Python is required to help with the transition of legacy systems.
- Experience working in an Agile software environment preferred
- Ability and willingness to mentor more junior developers
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles.
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
(*Colorado Only*) Minimum salary of $124,000 + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.