Mailgun is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our InboxReady team. This team is responsible for building and operating a set of products such as Email Verification, Inbox Placement, IP Health and Reputation Monitoring.
- We don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As a developer on the team, you will not only build excellent software, but you will also ensure that it is operating accurately once it’s been deployed.
- We enjoy solving hard problems – our distributed services process billions of requests each day that have to scale and be highly available.
- We believe that simplicity is the key to success.
- Clearly define and maintain technical solution design architecture and contract documentation.
- Apply Test Driven Development and standard software development methodologies to ensure the reliability and stability our code base.
- Use application monitoring, instrumentation, and user interaction metrics to help drive technical decisions around the maintenance and scaling of existing solutions.
- Reduce technical debt through a by writing clean, simple code.
- Advocate for better developer and customer experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related area
- 5+ years practical software development experience in building large-scale distributed web-based applications
- Proficiency in Go
- Strong experience with noSQL (Mongo, Cassandra) databases
- Some experience with frontend
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Experience delivering solutions through a CI/CD pipeline
- Strong understanding of AWS or GCP cloud environments
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles.
(*Colorado Only*) Minimum salary of $124,800 + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.