You will help us create the API and interfaces that our business partners use to offer Crypto on their Apps, enable cross border payments and earn interest in USD for Small and Middle sized companies on Latam. You will work with product managers, designers, squad developers and other business stakeholders to define test case scenarios and radically transform the culture and quality of the software solutions for our Bitso crypto users on addressing their needs.
Your main responsibility will be to create a suite of tests guarantee the quality of these services and generate a flawless user experience of our partners. This is a role for an active test quality engineer who has the responsibility of working with other developers and from other teams around him/her to improve technical debt, and implement quality oriented best practices, challenging the status-quo with innovative productivity hacks on dealing with quality automation, data to provide intel and insights on where to invest and improve test coverage and performance. To succeed you will need to be hands on, have an eye to detail, focusing on building, exploring and adopting testing processes and tools that can be implemented quickly to create and scale the business in a healthy way.
As Test Engineer at Bitso, you will work closely with the engineering teams to ensure our products are performing and that we’re providing the best user experience. In this role, you will automate tests, measure and collect data. Also you will be responsible for the creation of tests to identify issues with software before the product launch. Duties include identifying and analyzing any bugs and errors found during the test phase and documenting them for review after. Other tasks include developing and running new tests, reporting on the results and collaborating with software developers to fix program issues.
Bitso Engineering is organized by many Tribes (product verticals), which contain Fleets, macro sub-divisions by product, technology and feature affinity, and Fleets contain squads dedicated to the execution, quality and delivery.
The Business Tribe is one responsible for all the interactions from Small companies trying to save their profits on USD and earn interest on these profits to Big enterprises partners in the region that focus on Cross Border Payments and allowing their customers to interact with Crypto in their own applications. As stakeholders, the Tribe has Legal, Compliance, Customer Support, Business development.
We aim towards execution and enablement of outstanding productivity and efficacy of our end-users to fulfill their tasks with autonomy, high speed, quality and satisfaction on interacting with our services and solutions. Their success has a direct impact on our Bitso customers and relations to regulators. Therefore, solving their issues and needs, protecting and safe-guarding their crypto portfolio, builds trust and enablement of the Bitso brand in the Latin America region which we operate.
- Work with the Tribe QA Lead and determine quality KPIs for the squads.
- Develop from scratch new test cases.
- Leverage and demand the adequate tooling for test case documentation, code and tooling for test automation.
- Drive the BDD and quality culture for the squads in partnership with QA leads.
- Create tests to identify software problems.
- Analyze bugs and errors found during tests.
- Document results of tests for the software development team.
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience.
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance.
- Works together with the software developers to enhance and improve programs.
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements.
- Update test automation standards and coding test conventions.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in SDET, Software engineering, or related positions
- Being proficient in both functional and non-functional areas of testing
- Being proficient in writing unit tests
- Experience in Frontend automation using Cypress.io
- Experience in Backend automation using Pytest
- Experience with DevOps and Cloud technologies
- Experience with Performance tools such as K6, JMeter
- Strong understanding of application security
- Strong experience in designing and implementing technical solutions
- English language proficiency
- General computer science knowledge
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we want our team members to be owners of the company. Therefore, as we all together crave for the success of our business, you will be eligible to participate in our stock option plan!
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.