Almanac is building an operating system for distributed collaboration to help remote teams get work done without needless meetings and distracting messages.
Almanac’s collaborative doc editor helps distributed and hybrid teams cut Slack, email, and meetings by 80%—so you can reclaim a full day each week to focus on what matters.
Hundreds of teams from 2 to 2000 are already using Almanac to collaborate on docs, organize documentation, and streamline processes as they scale.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a driven, dynamic, and creative Social Media Manager who wants to deliver meaningful impact and drive our mission forward in culture as we grow Almanac’s user base and scale it to millions.
You’ll be joining a small, gritty team of veteran builders who share a collective belief that the world is inexorably moving towards distributed, decentralized work—and that our tools need to support this change. Our supporters believe in this vision as well: we recently raised a $34M Series A and have a successful beta product with hundreds of paying, engaged customers. As we open up our product to self-serve users in Q1, we need your help to make 2022 our breakout year of viral growth.
About the role
We’re looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial community maven and content strategist to grow our social channels around our mission, product, and user base.
You will be the voice of our brand on all social channels, helping grow and cultivate our digital community and foster brand love online, leading to meaningful user growth.
Specifically, you will:
- Own the growth of all our social channels by establishing channel strategy, building a monthly content calendar, and creating content for brand Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Collaborate across marketing, product, operations, and growth to create high quality, engaging, and timely content.
- Design and execute out of the box, creative brand campaigns and activations that drive follower growth.
- Monitor and engage in relevant discussions about our company, mission, competitors, and product.
- Engage directly with our community and user base to ensure they have a positive-brand experience and transform to super-fans.
- Experiment with content and strategies, analyze data points, and report learnings to continuously improve all channels.
Experiences that make you stand out:
- 3+ years of experience in brand social media, community management, and/or digital strategy with a track record of consistently growing platform followers
- You’ve built a strong portfolio of creative work that is brand consistent across different social-first formats: memes, gifs, videos, and/or images
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse, cross-functional teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- You’ve successfully designed and executed social-first campaigns that have driven viral growth
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- Experience or familiarity with the productivity and/or remote work space
- You have a real love for internet culture and see creative potential in everything. You can make critical connections to how our product, mission and brand responds to culture quickly (and with fun!)
- Strong command of each social media platform and its best practices
- Excellent written communication.
- Ability to directly create social-first content, with some experience using Figma and other creative tools (video editing is a plus!)
- A bias for action: you take have the ability to flex in a fast-paced environment, balancing between hustle and quality.
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager, Alice — Head of Marketing
- A technical exercise appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with our CEO, Adam
Your time is valuable, so we try to give you as much information as possible throughout our process to make the best decision for you. To start, here’s our open source company handbook, which contains docs about our vision, our virtues, our compensation philosophy, and our approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion.