We’re on a mission to make programming more accessible by building the best, simplest, and fastest coding environment. Replit is a place to not only learn and practice programming but also to collaborate and ship applications.
Millions of people come to Replit to learn how to code, prototype ideas and build applications. When we go down, it’s not a mere annoyance; it’s whether thousands of students learn to code that day and whether a developer’s apps are up. As part of the SRE team, not only will you have a real tangible effect on people’s lives, you get to influence our engineering culture and how we build and scale services.
Position: Site Reliability Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
* Build tools to reduce ops toil & babysitting
* Keep Replit up and fast
* Identify trouble spots & single points of failure and help system owners fix them
* Evolve our incident response practices
* Systems programming experience (Go, Rust, or C/C++)
* Experience with profiling and performance optimizations
* Comfortable debugging production systems (instrumentation, monitoring, etc)
* Experience working on large projects at scale
* Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously
* Appreciation for simplicity and pragmatism
* Experience building Platform/Infrastructure/Runtime as a Service
* Experience with distributed systems, containers, and/or filesystems
Remote (currently only open to +/-4 hours from pacific time zone)
Ready to build the world’s largest developer platform?