We’re building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment. We focus on inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community, and we design simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role:
The SRE team helps ensure that Replit is always available and stable for our users. At Replit, SRE combines operations expertise and engineering to build reliable systems, save Replit money, and help engineering teams across the company achieve smooth and stable launches – quickly.
Examples of what you could do:
- Build on our existing Slack integrations for operations to add more capabilities
- Build systems to improve our production infrastructure such as implementing a custom load balancer
- Help deploy and scale AI infrastructure
- Shape CI/CD strategies to help engineers ship quickly with guardrails in place
- Consult with teams on major launches that make major improvements to the Replit platform
- Keep Replit up and fast
- Identify inefficiencies in software and processes and fix them
- Identify trouble spots & single points of failure and help system owners fix them
- Evolve our incident response practices
Required skills and experience:
- Systems programming experience (Go, Rust, or C/C++)
- Experience with profiling and performance optimizations
- Comfortable debugging production systems (instrumentation, monitoring, etc)
- Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously
- You have an appreciation for simplicity and pragmatism
- You have experience building and/or operating a Platform/Infrastructure/Runtime as a Service product
- Experience with distributed systems, containers, and/or filesystems
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
🧑💻 Flexible Work Hours
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
📱 Monthly Expenses Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
🚀 Annual company/team offsites (4/year)
Curious about us?
- Interviewing + Culture
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.
The overall market range of base compensation for roles in this area of Replit is typically $70,000 – $175,000. Compensation offered will be determined by additional factors such as location and experience.