Olo is experiencing tremendous growth and as we enhance our platform to support increased demand, it must be positioned for continued stability, reliability and resiliency. Reporting to the Engineering Manager of Site Reliability, the Site Reliability Engineer will partner with Engineering and Product Managers to learn, improve system availability and sharpen our execution skills to provide an amazing experience for our customers.
Olo is a remote-first company, offering all full-time employees the option to work from anywhere in the U.S.
What You’ll Do
- Guide observability and SLIs/SLOs to Incident Response to postmortems and follow-up actions.
- Implement and tailor our incident response tools to minimize outage durations.
- Build collaborative monitoring solutions with members across multiple product teams.
- Contribute insights across teams to help us improve or re-architect existing systems to support scale, performance and extensibility.
- Rethink our observability tooling to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability.
- Analyze and mature our processes around Incident Response, Observability, Postmortems and Predictive Monitoring.
- Influence an engineering culture of reliability, observability, and availability.
- Participate in an Incident Commander on-call rotation to help drive remediation efforts to improve our user experience through incidents across our Platform.
- Mentor engineering teams through game days, SRE boot camps and other training and feedback channels.
What We’ll Expect From You
- 3+ years of professional experience building scalable, efficient, and resilient systems.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, Sumo Logic, Raygun, New Relic, Grafana, CloudWatch, and Splunk SignalFx.
- Fluency in Incident Management using tools such as FireHydrant, OpsGenie, PagerDuty, VictorOps, or similar.
- Experience with build and deploy tools (ie. Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, or CircleCI).
- Prior hands-on software development experience.
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!