It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Yahoo Data Center Operations team includes a group of highly skilled and dedicated Data Center and Site Ops Engineers. We work together to support a diverse IT infrastructure in one of the greenest, most advanced data centers in the world. Want in?
A LOT ABOUT YOU
The Data Center Operations team is looking for a Site Operations Engineer with a passion for troubleshooting and a drive to improve our operations and infrastructure. You will have the ability to efficiently diagnose and troubleshoot issues with rack mount server hardware, working knowledge of Layer 1, 2, and 3 network infrastructure, working knowledge of the Linux command line and the troubleshooting tools available therein. Previous work experience in a high-availability data center environment is ideal.
- Maintain and repair servers and network equipment to ensure maximum level of uptime within the Data Center
- Work requests based on priorities set by the business
- Perform troubleshooting with specialty in a single discipline and knowledge of many
- Use in-house tools to administer user accounts, assign DNS, configure switches, or any other data center functions
- Partner with engineering teams to execute change requests
- Communicate directly with internal customer technical contacts
- Overnight and swing shifts may be required – this is a 24x7x365 support team
- A 2-year degree in a technical field or equivalent experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of the UNIX operating environment with the ability to navigate, manipulate and understand the file structure.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP network environment including switching and routing protocols.
- Basic understanding of common scripting languages (Perl, BASH, Python)
- Ability to execute manual tasks, work on a ladder, and function in a higher-temperature environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience handling fiber physical plant
- Ability to Lift 50 pounds
- Passion for the field and the work we do, and the drive to own and take responsibility for your work – to be a Yahoo team member
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $59,250.00 – $123,125.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.