Where A-Players Thrive.
Golden Hippo is the dynamic force behind 20+ health, beauty, and pet care brands that generate over $1 billion in revenue annually. With our passionate employee-owners and unwavering commitment to creating top-notch products, we’re revolutionizing the direct-to-consumer market and empowering individuals to live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We’re Looking For An: SEO Data Scientist Intern to help establish connections between, and draw insights from, the various data sources used by the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team. S/he will have the opportunity to gain insight and experience within our cutting-edge, data-driven SEO department. S/he will support the team by tracking search engine rankings and traffic and by automating data collection and data analysis whenever possible. Ultimately, s/he will learn to identify business opportunities based on large-scale datasets.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA or Remote
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create reports by merging data sources (e.g., Tableau, BigQuery, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs)
- Analyze datasets (e.g., log files, backlinks) in order to identify patterns and outliers
- Respond to data requests from inside and outside the department
- Research opportunities to automate data collection and data analysis
- Estimate business potential of higher Google rankings for specific keyword configurations
- Analyze site content through Google NLP tools to highlight opportunities to improve
- Attend team meetings to obtain a holistic picture on how the team operates daily
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Familiar with Python
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets: pivot tables and advanced formulas
- 1-2 years’ experience in Search Engine Marketing and/or Search Engine Optimization
- Working towards a Bachelors Degree or higher
*Following the conclusion of your internship, Interns will be invited to join our exclusive LinkedIn Alumni group where you will be updated on Golden Hippo announcements, job opportunities, and other industry-related information.
$17.00 – $22.00/hour, depending upon experience