Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, hundreds of thousands of requests per second, 20 million matches per day, and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
Tinder is looking for a senior engineer to deliver an exceptional Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for our infrastructure and platform teams. Our goal is to increase the development velocity by reducing bugs and unneeded friction around development and onboarding as well as providing tools and frameworks to facilitate testability.
In addition to our flexible remote options across the United States, by applying to this role you can be considered for all roles currently available in our Los Angeles, San Francisco and/or Palo Alto offices. Currently, our teams are working together remotely and we’ve adapted our recruiting processes to accommodate virtual interviews with prospective hires. Our in-person offices will reopen when it is safe to do so.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a collaborative team on building new and exciting technologies.
- Create intuitive user interfaces for tools within the organization as well as support end-users with bug fixes and documentation.
- Gain production-level experience in the following technologies: Linux, Kubernetes, Terraform, Envoy, Service Mesh, and many more.
- Create large-scale systems from the ground up that drive high value for the company
- Build impactful and possibly open-source development tools using cloud-native technologies.
- Solve fun and complex problems around microservice architectures and cloud development
What are looking for:
- 4+ years experience in software development
- Expertise in Golang or Python or Java
- Demonstrated professional experience with containers, Kubernetes, AWS, and/or Jenkins
Bonus points if you have:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Envoy
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with creating CICD systems/build systems
- Experience with developing internal tools
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend• Access to mental health resources• Fertility preservation benefits• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.