We are looking to add a new Sr. Software Engineer to support our growing Technology Team. In this versatile position, you will play a significant role across our entire technology landscape. This includes supporting our front-end marketing lead flow, our back-end data integration layer, and helping to push new product launches.
- Develops software solutions by studying requirements, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flow charts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Solid communication skills and familiarity with active listening techniques.
- A proven track record of leadership with technology teams doing software development.
- Is able to help take collaborative teamwork to higher levels using tools, techniques and an ability to get development projects across the finish line.
- An ability to quickly analyze information from stakeholders and requirements artifacts.
- General programming skills that encompass both object oriented programming and functional programming techniques.
- Develop new and maintain existing functionality in a Java-based integration system with a NoSQL database, leveraging a mix of API REST Web Services and GraphQL.
- Prior work tech stack experience on an app stack that contains Java, Springboot, PHP Slim, Node, MySQL, BitBucket/Git, Jenkins, GraphQL, HoneyBadger, Webpack.
- Front end technologies such as React, Angular, HTML/CSS/JS, npm, and Yarn.
- Prior experience working in a containerized development environment. Exposure to Docker, AWS ECS and Lambda.
- Prior experience working with software requirements and estimating.
- Has excellent skills in software design and architecture. Familiar with DDD and diagramming languages such as UML.
- Able to produce relevant software and architecture documentation to enable SAFe architectural runway enablers.
- Prior experience with software testing, tools, and TDD development scripting.
- Prior experience in debugging established software code bases and newly released product features.
- Prior experience working in both Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles.
- Coaching, mentoring, and participating in paired programming as needed.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
- 4 years of job related experience
- 4 years of experience as software engineer
- Experience with computer programming
This position may be based in Chicago where our headquarters are located or remote, with a strong preference for Central or Eastern Standard Time locations in the United States.
Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and robust supportive services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities.
We care deeply about our employees. We offer many benefits which include but are not limited to medical, vision and dental insurance, HSA, FSA, long-term and short-term disability, pet insurance, 401K with a match, generous PTO plan that accrues with tenure, 10 paid holidays, free access to an employee assistance program, professional development opportunities, a fitness center subsidy and much more! In 2021 and 2022, Built In named us one of the “Best Places to Work” in Chicago. We also offer plenty of opportunities to have fun together!
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Everspring, you will be required to share proof of your Covid-19 vaccination.
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
If you believe you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all of the criteria outlined, please apply—you could be exactly who we are looking for!