mmhmm is a video communication company helping people instantly produce live and recorded video presentations that are entertaining to watch and easy to make. Founded in 2020, we believe being better at video is a crucial skill for any successful modern business. As a fully distributed, global team ourselves, we’re on a mission to empower people who work on video (that is, nearly everyone) to create more sustainable and joyful ways to work, teach, and collaborate. Our growing team includes founding members of Evernote, and we’re backed by Softbank Vision Fund, Sequoia Capital and other leading investors. mmhmm is part of All Turtles, a mission-driven product studio building meaningful products people love.
As a Senior Web Application Engineer at mmhmm, you’ll work as part of a small cross-functional team of designers and engineers to create and improve end-user experiences in the browser. While your day-to-day responsibilities will focus on developing single page applications, you’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to product design and the overall system architecture.
You’re the right person for this job if you love to work on small, autonomous teams, take pride in the quality of both the code and user experiences that you create, and are passionate about developing for the browser.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Working closely with product designers to refine and implement new ideas, rapidly taking them from concept to release.
- Building both quick prototypes and robust production systems.
- Helping to set the technical direction for our web applications, including choosing new components of the tech stack and evolving architecture.
- Planning and coordinating with backend engineers to design APIs and infrastructure.
- Developing testing strategies to ensure the quality of your work.
IDEALLY, YOU’LL HAVE:
- Spent at least 5 years in professional software engineering roles.
- Worked closely with designers to create new experiences. You speak their language and share their values.
- Worked on projects that are user-centric. You’re passionate about making products that real people will find indispensable.
- Worked on a variety of projects. You’ve got breadth to go with your depth.
- Exceptional communication skills, with an aptitude to convey clear thoughts and ideas.
- Worked in a startup environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Delivered on ambitious goals. At the end of the day, you’re a doer.
The Senior Web Application Engineer is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the CTO. This role is a remote position, and can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works primarily across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive insurance benefits to our employees and their qualifying dependents, in addition to flexible vacation, a 401(k), parental leave, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs.
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.