*This is a fully remote, direct hire (W-2) position. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a fully remote Senior Software Engineer for our Web Engineering Team. The ideal candidate will share our passion to help build the next generation of solutions and trading tools. We have fun while we work, and always appreciate people who can maintain a sense of humor in any situation.
As a Bittrex developer, you will have a direct and immediate impact on Bittrex customers. You will tackle all kinds of problems having to do with usability, security, performance, reliability, and scalability to build an experience that is pure awesomeness. We are constantly looking to leverage new technologies and you will be at the forefront of it all.
What you will be:
- Working on cutting edge crypto-related features like staking and token launches
- Leveraging the latest web technologies to develop rich user experiences across desktop and mobile browsers
- Designing, building, and implementing RESTful API endpoints and related data layer to drive new user experiences on our website and mobile application
- Building reusable, testable code that will help drive engineering maturity and efficiency
- Developing efficient, reliable solutions that can scale to millions of users
- Collaborating well across disciplines (design, PM, business, etc.) and among engineering teams
Tech you will be using:
- .NET Framework
- TypeScript and/or MobX
- Microsoft Azure Stack
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or SQL Azure
Skills needed for success (Required):
- 2 years of experience building RESTful API endpoints with C# AND the .NET Framework (mandatory)
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure Stack
- Experience writing frontend and backend tests
- Experience mentoring less experienced software engineers
Bonus points if you have the following:
- 3+ years experience with WordPress implementation with custom themes and plugins, or experience designing web advanced level applications in PHP/WordPress
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Experience with TypeScript and/or MobX
- Curiosity to seek out new technologies and how they can be leveraged
- Passion to drive new features
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server and/or SQL Azure
- Experience with npm, git, and issue tracking systems (Jira, VSTS, etc.)
- Recruiter Screen (15-30 min)
- Technical Screen (50 min)
- Interview Loop (3-4 hours, can be split into two days)
*Preparation tips will be provided prior to each step in our process.
Benefits at Bittrex:
- Flexible scheduling
- Fully remote
- Flex office space, if desired
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education stipend
- Home office stiped and employer-provided Microsoft equipment
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Travel assistance
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers. Depending on role and business needs, you will either work onsite, in a hybrid model or fully remote.
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
#BI-Remote #LI-Remote #LI-KL1