While this role may be posted in a particular city and/or state most of our roles are open to hiring throughout the USA/nationwide for all positions.
We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a remote-first global work environment that empowers people to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as the # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. The Flight team values engineering teamwork and collaboration with product and design teams. Our team focuses on making it easy to capture data for mapping, modeling, reporting, and inspections through automated and manual drone flights. We deliver simple experiences on the front end and build performance, precision, and reliability underneath the covers. This role will focus on the core features of the DroneDeploy Flight application providing a market-leading experience in an exciting fast-growing market.
DroneDeploy’s main drone automation app is a real-time event-driven hybrid app written in native and Angular code relying on RX design patterns.
- Help shape overall architecture of the current front-end stack
- Inspire innovation and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement
- Actively engage with the whole team through the entire software development lifecycle
- Work and communicate well with team members of all skill levels across the engineering department
- Take ownership of team deliverables from implementation, release, and support
- Monitor, triage metrics, and resolve operational incidents
- Listen to customers, understand how they use the product, and hear first-hand feedback on features
- Experience working with Angular, RxJS, and TypeScript
- Experience delivering scalable, performant, customer-facing applications
- Ability to ship code efficiently and sustain best practices for quality and maintainability
- Ability to demonstrate data-driven decision making
- Can accommodate a schedule that overlaps 9:30am to 3pm US Pacific Time
- Must be able to obtain a Part 107 license within the first 160-days of employment
Upon joining our international team, we will
- Pair you with a peer who will guide you through our onboarding program
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews
- Provide autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
- Provide opportunities for leading impactful and highly visible projects in our growth stage company
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.