It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little About Us:
The Security Platforms team enables Yahoo technology teams to develop, deploy, and operate products efficiently and reliably on an integrated, scalable, and secure platform. Security Platform solutions enable and accelerate Yahoo’s strategic initiatives and offer security and anti-abuse solutions from the ground up.
- Ideating, designing, and building security solutions to make Yahoo more resilient to attacks from adversaries.
- Writing high quality and performant code, unit tests, functional tests, and documentation to implement new features
- Debugging code when it’s not doing what you expect
- Reviewing fellow teammates’ code
- Participating in technical security discussions, weekly scrum team planning meetings, and daily stand-ups
- Troubleshoot, report, and prioritize operational issues
- Improve and promote operational scalability
A Lot About You:
As a full-stack security software engineer, you will be responsible for the creation and adoption of innovative security solutions to help make one of the world’s largest internet services the most secure and user-friendly, working with security architects, data scientists, creative product managers, and a group of forward-thinking engineers. You must have practiced agile development, are familiar with web and network security, and can use cloud infrastructure, when required. You have an analytical and problem-solving demeanor to compliment your outstanding communication and presentation skills. More importantly, you must have the drive to make an impact in the Security domain.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Strong Java experience
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking, distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments
- Familiarity with open-source software, and vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with web servers and web service APIs
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Strong desire to create an impact in the Security domain
- BS / MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with public cloud platforms like AWS & GCP
- Familiarity with security concepts pertaining to containers, Kubernetes, and public cloud platforms like AWS & GCP
- Familiarity with Certificate Authority (CA), x.509 standard certificate format, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Public Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS), Security Token Service (STS), etc.
- Good understanding of the web, network, and OS security issues.
- Familiarity with performance characteristics and tradeoffs with large scale systems
- Cross-browser, cross-platform development
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $128,250.00 – $266,875.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.