Almanac is building an operating system for distributed collaboration to help remote teams get work done without needless meetings and distracting messages.
Almanac’s collaborative doc editor helps distributed and hybrid teams cut Slack, email, and meetings by 80%—so you can reclaim a full day each week to focus on what matters.
Hundreds of teams from 2 to 2000 are already using Almanac to collaborate on docs, organize documentation, and streamline processes as they scale.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a passionate Senior QA Engineer who wants to make a big impact as we grow Almanac’s surface area and scale it to millions.
About the role
At Almanac, we are selling management infrastructure to the digital economy. Beyond innovating on our own practices, we commit to open sourcing and sharing what works with others—down to the actual documents we use to run the company.
The Senior QA Engineer will ensure that the our product and engineering teams deliver an exceptional experience to our customers. They are the final guard aligning our work to product value.
- Write manual quality tests for our product.
- Ensure quality and test engineers are following the process and strategy appropriate for each Almanac property or feature set.Encourage solid engineering practices across the stack.
- Begin to partner with engineers and product stakeholders to build out an automated test suite, bug prevention strategies across the Almanac product.
- Develop scalable tools and infrastructure that empowers engineers to develop, debug, test, and release software quickly.
Experiences that make you stand out:
- 3+ years experience in quality and test engineering, preferably in a Rails / React stack
- A solid grasp of engineering and test data analysis and performance metrics
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
- Proven track record of building teams and excellent communication
- Having been a driver of simplicity into test and release processes in previous roles
- Seed to B startup experience
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with backend frameworks like Express.js or Rails desired
- Experience with Cypress (or similar E2E testing framework), Jest, Rspec
- Experience using Postgres or any modern databases
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager
- A technical exercise appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with a member of our executive team
Your time is valuable, so we try to give you as much information as possible throughout our process to make the best decision for you. To start, here’s our open source company handbook, which contains docs about our vision, our virtues, our compensation philosophy, and our approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new QA Engineer / Manager? Then we’d love to hear about you!