Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designers at Weedmaps are talented, motivated team players with a deep understanding of user-centered design, and a passion for creating things people love.
In your day-to-day, you will identify, evaluate, and improve critical user journeys, making data-backed decisions about priorities and roadmap. Weedmaps is a data-first company and all projects and initiatives are backed by research and thoroughly tested. You must be able to communicate your ideas with crystal clarity in the form of verbal and written communication, user flows, wireframes, hi-fi comps, rapid and rich prototypes, and proper documentation. As a senior resource you will be expected to understand the business’ needs and goals, and tightly align your and your team’s efforts with those needs. You will also be expected to lead medium-sized projects.
Come join a team of designers and creatives passionate about fostering a culture of creativity and collaboration while shipping industry-shaping products.
The impact you’ll make:
- Help foster a culture of creativity throughout the company
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and other teams to identify needs, define requirements, discover solutions, execute, and ship
- Keep business needs and corporate goals front-of-mind, even as you design world class experiences
- Distill complex problems into discrete components with actionable solutions
- Maintain, guide, and push the boundaries of our design system
- Prototype and test interactions and user experiences objectively and without bias
- Use both qual and quant data and analytics to make informed decisions
- Actively participate in group critiques by both providing and receiving thoughtful, constructive feedback
- Effectively communicate your ideas at the right time, with the right tools, and in the right formats
- Create design artifacts including but not limited to: information architecture diagrams, user flows, user stories, use cases, research plans, wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, and interactive prototypes
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years of professional experience with end-to-end product design
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of human-centered designs, with clear indication of your specific contributions
- Ability to lead medium-to-large sized projects
- Experience designing and conducting usability tests
- Experience using analytics to make informed, data-driven decisions
- Experience working with design systems
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability, autonomy, and self-management
- Capable of taking full ownership of the work assigned
- Crystal-clear communication skills
- Experience creating design systems
- Experience with Design Thinking and Design Sprints
- Knowledge of and passion for the cannabis industry
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door during work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!