Swiftly is on a mission to help cities move more efficiently. We are the leading transit data platform for agencies to share real-time passenger information, manage day-to-day operations, and improve service performance. Today, over 145 transit agencies in 8 countries – including LA Metro, MARTA, SEPTA, MBTA, and WMATA – rely on Swiftly to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is better service reliability, increased ridership, and more efficient transit operations.
Design at Swiftly
In the government software world, the focus has been pure function, often at the expense of usability. At Swiftly, we believe excellent products are not only powerfully functional but also smartly and beautifully designed. Swiftly lovingly crafts products using consumer software sensibilities to make user experiences that flow and features that are engaging, easy-to-use, and targeted toward solving customer problems. We’re seeking a detail-obsessed, big-picture-enthralled Senior Product Designer to lead the charge in identifying, sketching, prototyping, and shipping elegant solutions for the transit data problems that we aim to solve.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work on a cross-functional product team to develop delightful software for transit agency staff. Your team will focus primarily on bringing real-time data to life to inform and connect day-to-day operations. Your work will have a direct impact on how transit agencies deliver service to their communities.
Partnering with a product manager, engineers, and customers, you will support decision-making and inform our roadmap by visualizing problems and solutions. You will have a hand in each stage of product development, taking projects from user research, to sketches, to high-fidelity designs. You will also help build a strong design foundation, including contributing to the Swiftly design system and research repository.
Even though Swiftly’s HQ office is located in San Francisco, CA, we are open to candidates in all locations across the U.S. as well as Ontario, Canada. At this time we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship. #LI-Remote
What we’re looking for
- You have experience designing products from conception to completion, sharing the vision through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
- You have experience leading user interviews, finding root problems over suggested solutions, and effectively communicating learnings to a distributed team
- You can identify the best design methods to articulate your solutions (wireframes, prototypes, etc.), articulate that you are solving the right problems, and defend reasoning behind design decisions
- You enjoy working in an iterative design process, motivated by group and user critique
- You have a portfolio showcasing work you were directly responsible for, highlighting the ability to solve complex problems
- You enjoy working on multiple features across different platforms
- You champion and can articulate the value of great design to cross-functional stakeholders.
- You have a growth mindset and are proactive about jumping in where the team needs
- You have experience using Figma for design and prototyping
- You have 5+ years of professional design experience
- Even better: You have experience with designing native mobile experiences, Vue.js, and building the foundations of a design system.
**FOR U.S. CANDIDATES ONLY:**
In accordance with pay transparency laws: the approximate salary range for this role is $100 to $170 (base salary + any variable comp). This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a multitude of non-discriminatory factors including final role leveling decisions, a candidate’s relevant work experiences/skills, and geographic location within the United States. Note: salary ranges for non-U.S. candidates may be higher or lower than the U.S. numbers above depending on location. Salary is one component of Swiftly’s total compensation package, which also includes stock options, competitive benefits, 401(k) matching, a fantastic team and culture, opportunity to have a huge impact, emphasis on professional growth and holistic wellness, and other perks.
Beyond the Skills:
– We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
– Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
– Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
– Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
– Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
– Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
– Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
– Competitive salary
– Stock options for every employee
– Medical, Dental and Vision
– 401k with Employer Match
– Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
– Home office setup reimbursement
– Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
– Monthly “Be Well” stipend
– Flexible PTO with a required minimum
– Flexible work environment
– 17 paid holidays – including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2024
– 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
We are an equal opportunity employer – we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
– Why are you passionate about mobility?
– What interests you about Swiftly?