Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage – the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease – no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,100 global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 1000+ global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 14 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We, at Flywire, are seeking a Manager to oversee our internal Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) program. The role requires strong project management skills and knowledge of SOX.
- Oversee all aspects of Flywire’s SOX Program
- Review and update internal control documentation with input from control owners and other stakeholders, including control enhancements and mitigations.
- Interact with key finance and business stakeholders
- Review and maintain controls, narratives, flow charts, test plans, and risk matrices in FloQast
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors and control owners during process walkthroughs and testing to streamline impact on the business, align test results and yield efficiencies.
- Coordinate with control owners to identity and document control changes
- Monitor, drive and report on compliance with monthly, quarterly and annual controls
- Lead and manage various SOX meetings e.g. SOX working team, SOX Steering Group and other SOX meetings as required
- Work closely with the IT and Security Compliance teams to ensure IT General Controls and monitoring programs are consistent with SOX requirements.
- Continuously improve the SOX program to become more efficient and effective through optimization and automation.
- Support internal financial projects as and when required
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Information Technology
- 5-7 years of experience with SOX, audit or internal audit
- Experience maintaining a SOX compliance and internal controls program for a public company preferred
- Strong project management, time management and organization skills
- Experience supporting finance projects or financial systems initiatives preferred.
- Excellent understanding of Finance/Accounting processes
- Collaborative, quick learner, team player and good under pressure, ability to multi-tasking and participate in various projects/process improvement
- Ability to prioritize and drive results in a deadline driven environment while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively challenge and influence
- Fluent in English
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start – Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success – every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Technologies We Use:
- Adaptive Insights (budget forecast and reporting tool)
- FloQast (month end close, SOX compliance tool)
- Approve.com (procurement tool)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect to meet with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a skills assessment. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 12 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.