Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
Fundrise was founded on the principle that technology and exceptional engineering talent are fundamentally important to our mission. We are committed to our engineers’ career goals and support both IC and management career tracks with heavy investment in each. As a high growth company, there are countless opportunities for innovation, education, mentorship and leadership. We invest in software and tooling to support optimal engineering productivity. Additionally, engineers are provided the latest Macbook Pros for speedy local development builds and performance.
Fundrise is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about creating beautiful, performant, and well-tested iOS applications. You’ll be part of a growing team looking to solve interesting problems while building the future of our groundbreaking real estate investing platform. Our iOS application is a flagship product and our plans this year couldn’t be more ambitious. Mobile Engineers at Fundrise are given ownership of exciting new product deliverables early in their career. Close collaboration with our product and design teams means our engineers are given opportunities to provide feedback and ideas regularly throughout our development process.
Our iOS team also leads its own technical roadmap. We’re exploring all the most exciting Swift technologies – Combine, async/await, SwiftUI, and more. Our growing investor base makes performance and optimization critically important. We are passionate about architecture, testability, tooling, and the latest and greatest Swift patterns.
- Collaborate with product, design, and other engineering teams to solve complex engineering problems, iterate quickly on prototypes and support business outcomes
- Review pull requests and participate in code reviews to ensure a high bar for software quality and consistency in functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Work closely with our API team to define contracts, coordinate releases and manage versioning and upgrades
- Architect and deliver solutions that will scale smoothly with our rapidly growing user base
- Contribute to the mentorship of other engineers on iOS best practices and establish yourself as a key subject matter expert who others seek out to help solve difficult iOS engineering challenges
- Ensure all projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables are well-managed
- Ensure all challenges are escalated quickly to leadership while retaining ownership over outcomes
- Share in the ownership of app deployments and help make data-driven decisions around usage analytics and error reporting
- Collaborate with our design team to set new standards for UI/UX
- 4 years of experience building a production-level iOS app
- Demonstrated track record of effective communication and coordination with business stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of iOS, the Swift programming language, and Xcode
- Fluency in developing UI using programmatic layout in UIKit
- Excellent understanding of common iOS design patterns, including MVVM, MVC, and the Coordinator pattern
- Experience with unit testing (XCTest) and UI testing (XCUITest) frameworks
- Strong knowledge of data structures and software engineering fundamentals, including dependency injection, asynchronous programming, and SOLID design principles
- Experience with reactive programming (e.g. RxSwift, ReactiveCocoa, Combine)
- Experience with PromisesExperience with Quick/Nimble
- An interest in learning about the finance and real estate industries
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave