Today, from the moment you connect to the internet, most websites focus on learning everything they can about you. In Web 3, the moment you share an Ethereum, Bitcoin, Solana, or Tezos wallet address with anyone, you expose your entire on-chain transaction history to the world.
To us, this is crazy. We should have complete agency and control over what stories we share and how we share them. We believe the same should be true on the internet. This is why we are stewarding the development of Tari, a default-private digital asset protocol.
Tari is unique with a highly intentional design. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to create and deploy Web 3 interoperable applications that are highly scalable and secure without spending months on audits.
In addition to stewarding the development of this new protocol, we are building the first application that will use it. This app is Yat, a new censorship-resistant internet identity system that enables everyone to use a personalized string of emojis as their universal username.
Why emojis? Over 90% of online users on Earth use emojis every single day. They are genuinely our global language. We use them to tell stories and connect with others in a beautifully simple way. Yats create a system that allows people to own a single emoji or string of emojis that best represents them. Yats are owned by whoever creates them and are an internet freedom product. Imagine a world where we all own self-sovereign emoji identities that are self-directed, deeply censorship-resistant, and cannot be canceled.
What if instead of johnsmith535, someone could be 🔥🐉 or 👑 🎳(kingpin) or 🦄🤖💃? They could use this unique emoji username to do the same things they could do with a standard username, like sending or receiving money, chatting with friends, or creating a website. This would change how we connect. Instead of one-dimensional email addresses, usernames, or phone numbers that say nothing about us, we could express ourselves in truly remarkable ways. The possibilities are endless.
At Yat Labs, we are building an incredibly talented and dedicated team to make Yat the preferred form of self-sovereign identity for everyone on Earth.
Yat and Tari are the brainchildren of Tari Labs; the fast-growing startup focused on building privacy and pervasive privacy technologies for everyone on Earth. They were both co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart). They are backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, Slow Ventures, and many more of the best investors in the world.
And who are you? We’re hoping you’re someone who takes the exceptional and exceeds it, who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty, and who wants to take a step outside the ordinary to create a world that’s more beautiful, fun, and privacy-oriented.
We are looking for a world-class react.js/redux/webpack expert to help build out the millions of features we desperately want to add to Yat.
If that sounds like you, join us.
- You’ll love working with our world-class team of designers and engineers to make their incredible vision a living, breathing reality and showcase that work to a rapidly expanding audience.
- You should be comfortable and highly experienced in participating in development, code reviews, producing unit tests, helping with test automation frameworks, and understanding modern continuous deployment concepts and technology.
- You love the nimbleness of the startup environment and are capable if dealing with the pace and change that comes with it.
- You have an eye for quality and detail and are able to mentor and guide more junior members of the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Build pixel-perfect, fluid, and delightful UIs across the web and mobile interfaces.
- Carry out code reviews.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- +6 years building highly performant, rich websites – please share your portfolio with us.
- +4 years experience with [React.js](http://React.js), Redux and Webpack.
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Proficient with git / GitHub.
- Organized, able to be self-managed, and able to collaborate across teams spread over multiple time zones.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take design and wireframes provided by the UX team and author professional and maintainable code that follows best practices.
- But honestly, your portfolio is what counts.
- Experience in Open-source development
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience with WebAssembly modules in the browser
- 100% Globally Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved one for the US & Canada
- 401k program for the US
- An Oculus Quest 2 – Our Employee Engagement events happen in VR
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊