Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, research, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer on our editorial team, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and maintaining our infrastructure and frontends that power our editorial site https://blockworks.co, which is currently serving ~2M unique users per month.
You will be responsible for leading and scoping out features across the entire application. This will include implementing crypto pricing pages, SEO optimization, grants aggregator features, event pages, Google Ad Manager units and overall features to improve the editorial user experience.
- 💡 Build out features for a fast growing media site serving to millions of users
- ⛴ This is a high impact role – Ship fast, ship often
- ♻️ Participate in all aspects of product development life cycle including requirement/design
- ❓Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- 🚨 Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- 🛠 Find and fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- You’ve worked on a web application before that served to over 1M users
- Builder with strong programming background — 5+ years of experience shipping as a frontend and/or full stack engineer with TypeScript and React, and 3 years Next.js experience
- Experience optimizing front-end performance (real experience score)
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and experience with CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, and deployment tools
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
Our Tech Stack
- Vercel (Serverless Functions, Cron, Frontend Deployments)
- AWS (Lambda, EC2, RDS)
- Redis Cloud
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you + a significant portion covered for your dependents
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Commuter benefits
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com