At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
We are seeking a versatile Senior DevOps Engineer to help automate our infrastructure with Infrastructure as Code and help support our developers with a premium self service development experience.
This is a full-time remote position, with team members in North America and Europe.
Maintain and build a scalable infrastructure for a very fast growing company.
You will report to the Platform Team Lead and work with a group of DevOps generalists. It’s critical that you are comfortable working in an unstructured environment, dealing with uncertainty, minimal direction, and working across a range of projects.
- Improve CI/CD pipelines to increase deployment speed and safety
- Build E2E testing environments that can be seamlessly integrated into developer’s work process
- Work closely with other teams to help design and build the solutions they need in the most robust and secure manner possible
- Work with the security team to improve the safety of our infrastructure and ensure that secure practices are followed throughout
- Write and maintain documentation around operational and architectural aspects of our infrastructure
- Maintain and manage infrastructure as code using Terraform and provide as much self service implementations as possible for developers
- Design and build out secure networks to suit the particular needs of the blockchain world.
- Identify tasks and processes that get stuck or move slowly and support the team in pushing them through.
- Explain broad initiatives and vision to Engineering Leadership and Product.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in multiple domains and act as a mentor to others on the team.
- Experience working in high uptime 24/7 environments
- Experience working in high security requirement environments.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm
- In depth prior work with automation and configuration management
- Significant experience with one or more common system administration scripting languages
- Networking fundamentals
- Know security best practices
- Experience with GCP and AWS
Benefits & Impact
- Remote First + Hybrid Working Environment: Fully remote-first teams with regular team retreats to foster team bonding
- Professional Culture: A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a high-growth environment
- Work/Life Flexibility: Remote work with a flexible PTO policy – 20 days PTO plus 5 flexible days
- Family-Friendly Benefits: Best in class parental leave and flexible arrangements
- Health & Wellness: Company-paid medical/vision/dental for employees and family
- Compensation: Comprehensive packages including competitive salary, bonus and equity
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figment’s unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.