About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
As a member of the Technical Operations team at Aurora, you will own the architectural foundation of how our software systems connect to humans and services alike, creating resilient systems that are reliably and consistently deployed across our various technical platforms. Whether you serve as the subject matter expert for native cloud deployments (specifically AWS, via EKS or Fargate) or more managed platforms (Heroku and Segment to name a few) you will be working closely with the engineering team at large.
We are a diverse team that’s passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- With a primary focus on either native or managed platforms, work internal and external with TechOps teams to improve the consistency, reliability, and release velocity of our overall development lifecycle.
- Developing novel software where needed (such as Terraform providers or API integrations) to interact with managed services where the declarative Infrastructure-as-Code model is insufficient
- Educate and evangelize best practices through a combination of written documentation, internal presentations, and proactive assistance.
- Assist fellow TechOps members in ongoing compliance efforts and iterative improvements, across all technology stacks, that affect the security and reliability of technology throughout the organization.
What we value:
- Working comprehension of software development (e.g. web applications, mobile)
- 12-factor App, Infrastructure-as-Code, or similar experiences across a number of different services
- Technical communication skills, both written and verbal, at the presentational level
- Prior experiences with compliance activities (SOC2, FedRAMP, HITRUST)
- Prior experiences with engineering program leadership
- Service-oriented architecture patterns, including overall development and service observability
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to connecting with you soon. For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!