Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, research, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
As a Senior Backend Engineer on our team, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and maintaining the backend systems that power all our applications and services. You will be responsible for leading and scoping out feature work across our entire backend stack that powers our research product (https://blockworksresearch.com) and editorial website (https://blockworks.co; 1M+ monthly active users). This will include implementing APIs, accessing, parsing and formatting blockchain transactions and modeling our internal data across different databases.
- ⛴ Ship fast, ship often
- 💡 Own the backend stack for our exciting crypto products
- ♻️ Participate in all aspects of product development life cycle including system architecture/design
- ❓Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- 🚨 Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- 🛠 Find and fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a Backend Engineer, with a strong focus on backend development and architecture using Typescript and Node.js
- Experience building fast API endpoints that can handle 1M+ requests per day
- Extensive experience with Vercel and its serverless functions, including deployment, configuration, and optimization
- Proficiency in designing and optimizing relational databases, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL, including data modeling and query optimization
- Experience with caching mechanisms and tools like Redis to enhance application performance and scalability
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and experience with CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, and deployment tools
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail and ability to write clean, maintainable, and reusable code.
Our Tech Stack
- Vercel (Serverless Functions, Cron, Frontend Deployments)
- AWS (Lambda, EC2, RDS)
- Redis Cloud
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you + a significant portion covered for your dependents
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Commuter benefits
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com