⚠️Please note before applying:
We’re only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-2 hours > Paris time zone < +2 hours
Our mission at Heetch is to make mobility accessible. We offer a high-quality mobility service everywhere we operate, with prices that allow as many people as possible to benefit from it and a commission that allows drivers to earn a living from their work. We embody a joyful, optimistic and colourful mobility.
We are now present in France, Belgium, Algeria, Angola and Morocco and are always looking to expand into new markets. With more than 5 million users globally, we are proud to be the fastest growing mobility company coming out of France.
Come join an ambitious team that is committed to changing the market for good!
What will be your role?
You will improve the ride flow on both the passengers and drivers side by making it more modular to improve its scalability. Due to our expansion in new countries, you will have to build a product that can adapt and deal with both technical and cultural challenges.
Does it sound like you?
You have more than 5 years of experience in Android development and you still like it.
Thanks to your advanced knowledge of Rx, you can write complete use cases with flatMaps, concats, zips and are not afraid to jump from one scheduler to another.
Though you could write a book about Java, you now only want to deal with data/sealed classes, extension functions and know the difference between apply/with/also/run/let.
You know enough about Fragments, Activities, savedInstanceStates & Parcelables to know what you want to work with on your next project, and what you sincerely want to see burn.
You’re in love with ConstraintLayout, can make art out of Canvas and build custom views when the framework is just not enough.
You know the difference between unit & automated tests, can write Rx-oriented test cases without wanting to die and know how to get everything running on a CI platform while you sleep.
You know when to use api or implementation in your gradle files and are not afraid of multi-modules projects.
If you have contributed to open source projects, it would be a plus.
If you have experience with background services, unreliable network conditions & location updates, we’d love it.
If you know what kills the phone’s battery and how to help mitigate the issue, we’d enjoy knowing more about it too.
What will you do?
• Work closely with Product, Backend and Data Scientist teams to build highly impactful features
• Optimise performance and help to solve technical and product problems for our large pool of Android users
• Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your co-workers
• Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued in new tech or library? Go for it! Let’s see how it improves our app.
• Be a key member of the wider Android team at Heetch and contribute to core architecture and design discussions
What are going to be your main challenges?
Our app is one of the few mobile apps running in the foreground for up to seven hours straight on drivers phones. This rather unique use case brings fun challenges with handling the lifecycle of the app.
• Network and GPS management: We need to provide accurate information and price suggestions to our community. This means making sure every driver gets important notifications in any network conditions, providing GPS location as accurate as possible for the pricing and tracking.
• UI & UX: Ride-sharing apps are a really special case in app design. They all revolve around a map and the conventional navigation patterns like list view and navigation controls need heavy tweaking to make for great user experience.
• One way data flow and functional pattern: We are passionate about software architecture. We’ve built the core of our apps using Rx and want to push this forward in both the data and the UI layers. Ideally, our team will grow big enough to be able to push forward what mobile programming means and we’ll contribute back to all those amazing open source projects we learned from.
Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to roles in Tech, which is why we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel you match 100% of the job specifications!
We know your time is valuable. We try our best not to waste it. The whole interview process should not take more than 3 weeks
Steps are as follows
1. Tech recruiter interview
2. Technical test + Team review
3. Stakeholders interviews – Meet the Team
🌈Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone 🌍 We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.