We’re building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment. We focus on inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community, and we design simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role:
The senior accountant will work with the accounting and finance team to oversee the month and quarter-end financial reporting, processing of payments, account reconciliations, and assist in other ad-hoc projects as necessary.
Examples of what you could do:
- Perform month-end and quarter-end closing procedures, including consolidation and eliminations.
- Ensure processing of payments for vendors
- Review and post bank and other journal entries
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and detailed variance analytics.
- Review and post journal entries such as eliminations, intercompany, etc.
- Assist in the design and preparation of the corporate financial statements.
- Assist in systems implementation, including update to controls framework
- Prepare financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Improve and document month-end procedures and workbooks to enhance the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Prepare accounting memos to determine appropriate accounting treatment under accounting standards, as necessary.
- Assist with special and ad hoc projects as necessary
Required skills and experience:
- Must be a CPA or on track to become a CPA.
- 3+ years of industry or firm experience
- Technology experience preferred
- Knowledge of IFRS and U.S GAAP accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience with consolidation and elimination entries preferred.
- A self-starter who is able to work independently in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and adheres to high standards for work quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a good work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Experience working with python to manage large data sets
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
🧘♂️ Monthly Wellness Stipend
🍴 Monthly Lunch/Grocery Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
📈 401k Matching
🚀 Annual company/team offsites (4/year)
Curious about us?
- Interviewing + Culture
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.