AppOmni is quickly emerging as the leader in SaaS Security Management, and we’re hiring a Senior Accountant to help support our rapid growth. We’re a fast-growing series B company and have achieved strong triple-digit ARR growth each of the past 3 years. We’re backed by many of the top cybersecurity investors including Salesforce Ventures, ServiceNow Ventures, ClearSky, and Costanoa. Our customer base includes 2 of the top 5 tech firms, as well as global leaders across banking, finance, healthcare, security and telecom.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Accountant to help support our Accounting and Finance department. In this role you will report directly to the Accounting Manager, and will be responsible for creating, implementing, and supporting accounting and financial functions that support AppOmni’s mission, business objectives, and growing business. You will be responsible for effectively executing policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions in accordance with GAAP. You must have the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment and have strong organization skills.
What you will be working on:
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly accounting journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for areas of responsibility such as cash, prepaids, accounts receivable, fixed assets, accruals, expenses, etc
- Perform financial statement analytics for key areas of responsibility and be able to communicate those explanations as part of monthly fluctuation analysis
- Help maintain the month-end close calendar and procedures. Lead key close items and ensure meeting the deadlines per the month-end close schedule.
- Prepare data and financial reporting requirements for annual financial audit. Help manage audit schedule and ensure all required deliverables are reviewed and delivered on time; resolve auditor questions as they arise.
- Perform day to day vendor invoice review for proper cost classification, accounting treatment and upload vendor invoices in Bill.com
- Assist with project management related to tracking, billing and collecting revenue
- Assist with review and coding of employee expense reimbursements and credit cards statements
- Work cross functionally with internal teams, as well as external teams, to drive high quality reporting results
- Actively participate and collaborate on system implementations, as needed
- Experience with process improvement and internal control development and implementation
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Team player who can work and interact with various departments and levels
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects, as needed
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting, with track record of growing responsibilities
- Strong knowledge and experience in U.S. GAAP
- Highly self-motivated individual who is disciplined, detail-oriented, and works well in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Interest in building and improving processes
- Excellent analytic, written, verbal and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage conflicting priorities to deliver a high-quality work product required
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with QB and Bill.com is a plus
This position can be fully remote or located in either of our offices:
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Carbondale, CO
We believe in cultivating excellence – within ourselves, and in the work that we do. Our team of customer-centric, data-driven experts is brought together by the shared passion to create tools for the greater good. We’re determined to make a positive impact by securing the technology that is changing the world.
We believe in being a trusted and transparent partner to our customers, and we are passionate about providing them with high-quality, valuable, and dependable software focused on the user experience.
We value our people and know that wellness and a healthy work/life balance enables you to thrive and bring us your best. An autonomous schedule, flexible commute, and freedom from punching a clock means you are empowered to enjoy life, work when inspired, and be available when needed.
AppOmni is a leading provider of SaaS Security Management software. The company was founded by a team of security veterans from top SaaS providers and cybersecurity vendors, and its customer base includes global leaders across technology, healthcare, banking, and finance as well as many of the most well-known cybersecurity providers.
AppOmni’s patented technology scans APIs, security controls, and configuration settings to compare the current state of enterprise SaaS deployments against best practices and business intent. The solution offers fast deployment, instant visibility, and makes it easy for security and IT teams to secure their entire SaaS environment from each vendor to every end user. As SaaS applications evolve, AppOmni stays current with all updates and releases to keep customer environments secure over time.