Reports to: Vice President of Threat Operations
Compensation Range: $80,000 to $100,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business.
Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The Huntress Information Technology and Security team has the unique honor of securing the infrastructure that enables us to confidently protect over 1.5M (and rapidly growing) of our partners’ endpoints. As our security engineer, you will be responsible for implementing our internal IT security posture and working with a team that meets the demands of a high-growth company. Competitive candidates have experience with a SaaS company with Windows and macOS users, security tools, cloud security, and technology best practices.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Design, evaluate and implement architectural security standards
- Partner with IT to design endpoint best practices
- Establish a vulnerability management program
- Partner with DevOps to ensure a secure code pipeline
- Test our security controls for effectiveness and coverage.
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security incident.
- Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats
What You Bring To The Team:
- A business enablement approach to security
- Expertise in designing secure systems, application and cloud architectures
- Knowledge in disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Knowledge of AWS and cloud platforms
- Experience automating security testing tools
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.