At Bitski, we’re believers that true digital ownership will have a profound impact on how we use the internet, build communities, and facilitate interoperability across the internet. We’re looking for co-conspirators that want to help us architect an accessible internet economy while collaborating with top creatives, musicians, engineers, designers, brands and more.
NFTs unlock an imaginative, new design space for interacting with digital content. The implications around ownership and programmability are the most exciting technical developments we’ve seen in years.
We’re looking for experienced security engineers with grit and vision that want to build the platform that provides tools for brands, creators and their communities and to transact in the metaverse. We will achieve that by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide guidance on security best practices. You’ll work with our team of engineers to build, maintain, and secure the infrastructure that supports rich and compelling experiences for all Bitski users.
What You’ll Do:
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- You will work with the support team to triage and debug technical support requests
- Engage in all phases of the software lifecycle – design, implement, test, deploy, and support services in production
- Maintain a culture of code quality through rigorous testing, automation, and code reviews.
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to discover and patch SQLi, XSS, CSRF, SSRF, authentication and authorization flaws, and other web-based security vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10 and beyond)
- You have a track record of building infrastructure automation
- You have proficiency in working with Docker and Kubernetes / OpenShift based systems
- You understand private key management and security best practices
- You have experience with network protocols and distributed systems
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A plus, experience with compliance frameworks such as SOC 2, ISO 27001/2, and/or PCI
The metaverse isn’t a single new place – it’s a constellation of existing places where we spend our time online. These places will be brought together through an underlying connective tissue.
We see NFTs as the atomic unit of this connective tissue.
👨👩👧👦 Team & Culture
At Bitski, we constantly strive to create a team environment that allows members to do the best work of their lives while keeping in perspective that we’re all fellow humans just trying to build cool shit. We offer a unique culture that values autonomy, open communication, and creativity. We’re a relatively flat organization, so regardless of seniority, any Bitski team member has real potential to impact the trajectory of the company and overall industry.
Inclusion is paramount to our DNA. Everyone has a seat at the table regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that make up the spice of life. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
🏥 Our Benefits
We offer competitive salary and stock options, plus full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance). Regardless of gender, our parental leave policy is available to all employees. We encourage a 10-day minimum vacation policy.
✈ Work from Anywhere (within the USA)
The metaverse knows no physical boundaries. At Bitski, we have a hybrid work environment where everyone works remotely except for the occasional IRL off-site. We trust in our fellow teammates to get things done. Pay levels are not determined by geography either.
We’re fortunate to be supported by a brilliant team of investors that support our relentless efforts to evolve the way we interact with digital content.
Ari Emmanuel (Endeavor)
Marcy Venture Partners [Jay-Z, Jay Brown (CEO, Roc Nation)]
Justin Blau (3LAU)
Dylan Field (Figma)
Troy Carter (Co-Founder, Q&A)
Bobby Goodlatte (Form Capital)
Palm Tree Crew (Kygo)
Mikey Krieger (Co-Founder, Instagram)
Trevor McFedries (Creator, Miquela)
Kayvon Beykpour (Twitter)
John Robinson (100 Thieves)
Dan Romero (Former VP, Coinbase)