At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
The risk led approach to product definition and development is a differentiator of Urbint in the marketplace. We are looking for an individual to be the technical lead for defining new risk based use cases and refining existing approaches for quantifying and incorporating risk into our Products.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
As Urbint’s Risk Operations – Principal you will be responsible for providing strategic direction and execution of Urbint’s risk algorithms that form the basis of Urbint’s AI-powered technology aimed at making communities safer and more resilient. You will build relationships with Urint’s key customers and help build and communicate Urbint’s vision for managing risk in the Utilities industry.
What You’ll Do
- Develop vision for and guide development of new comprehensive risk models while coordinating with multiple cross functional internal teams and external clients
- Scope and provide technical expertise for risk model definition and development activities performed by internal stakeholders including risk operations, machine learning (ML), data engineering, Model of the World analysis, and data analysts
- Lead presentation of Urbint’s approach to risk and model performance for client executive and management teams
- Act as the Urbint risk SME to key customers and align Urbint’s product vision to industry needs
- Represent Urbint in academic and industry conferences
- Partner with our Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Product, and Customer Success teams to define risk engines for Urbint products
- Support Product, Machine Learning, and Customer Success teams in assessing risk model performance and refining approach to quantify and present risk in the applications
- Direct analysis of large data sets by utilizing MS SQL, data warehousing programs, Tableau and other dashboard / visualization tool sets for data intelligence and analysis
- Drive successful definition and design for exploratory products and assessments to all levels of Urbint’s enterprise clients
- Define and implement standard processes and methods for risk model development; model frameworks and algorithms, customer data, and estimating and documenting business value of the models
- Develop strong relationships with customers and support the Product and Revenue teams in mapping out and executing on expansion opportunities at priority accounts
Who You are
- 10+ years of experience leading operational risk assessment and/or asset integrity engagements
- 5+ years experience with Utilities, Energy and/or Infrastructure customers
- Masters or higher degree in a technical discipline
- Experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, and statistical analysis techniques
- Strong communication, presentation and relationship management skills. Have the ability to effectively communicate to both internal and external stakeholders at the senior leadership level.
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize competing tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time (during non Covid times)
- Mission-driven – some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks; we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- 100% remote – work from almost anywhere
- Remote work monthly stipend
- Competitive compensation package
- Your health matters to us, so we offer a 100% employer-paid option
- Best in class medical coverage – 100% benefits and premiums paid
- Health perks – wellness reimbursement
- Educational allowance – up to $1000 /yr
- Weekly lunch stipend
Urbint’s Core Values
- Passionate about customers: We strive to deliver sustainable value and exceed expectations, and we’re not satisfied until our customers are raving fans.
- Be decisive: We make timely, informed, and pragmatic decisions to keep the organization moving forward.
- Build trust: Our values are the building blocks to trust. As we live them, we grow and build lasting relationships.
- Focus on impact: We measure and strive to continuously improve our real-world impact.
- Be tenacious: We are agile in our approach to addressing challenges but firm in our beliefs.
- Win together: We efficiently leverage our diverse skills and perspectives for one another, united by our shared vision.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.