Taulia’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves and rewarded for showing up as authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
About the Job:
Taulia is seeking an engaged and excited Revenue Manager that is responsible for revenue recognition and reporting. As the Revenue Manager, you will be responsible for owning revenue compliance with U.S. GAAP and internal accounting policies. You will partner with the sales, legal, and business consultants, professional services team, and account directors, among other stakeholders in addition to traditional revenue accounting tasks. In this position, you will drive revenue recognition and establish analysis, review contracts, perform the monthly and quarterly close process for revenue, reconcile and validate deferred revenue and other accounts, book all required reserves and adjustments, analyze data, and prepare reports for auditors and support internal management reporting needs. You will also participate in special projects, as needed, providing both technical and/or operational knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own revenue recognition cycle.
- Conduct analysis necessary to support revenue recognition practices.
- Perform and review monthly account analyses and reconciliations, including validating deferred revenue, accounts receivable and revenue financial statement balances.
- Manage a team to ensure proper revenue recognition and operations such that Taulia can scale.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules and prepare periodic revenue and deferred revenue reports.
- Optimize and improve existing process to support Company’s growth.
- Build and maintain relationships with sales, legal, business consultants, professional services team, account Directors, and shared services personnel.
- Own sales tax reporting.
- Implement and document processes and procedures as required to support strong internal control environment.
- Provide internal management reports and support ad-hoc projects, as necessary.
Core Skills and Key Competencies:
- Educational background in Accounting or Finance.
- Significant experience of revenue accounting and related experience, preferably in a software company.
- Advanced Knowledge of applying software revenue accounting guidelines – ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
- Experience working with GAAP multi-element revenue recognition accounting standards including ASC 606.
- Proficient experience with enterprise reporting systems.
Nice to Have:
- NetSuite experience.
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-friendly environment
- Competitive Compensation (Annual Base Salary, Annual Bonus, Equity)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Comprehensive PTO Structure (PTO, Sick Leave, Bereavement)
- Global Parental Leave
- Company issued equipment (Laptop, monitor, etc.)
- 401k with match
- Career Development/Pathing
- EAP Program/Mental Health Advocacy
- Supportive Work Culture
Taulia is a fintech provider of working capital management solutions headquartered in San Francisco, California. Taulia helps companies access value tied up in their payables, receivables and inventory. A network of more than 2 million businesses use Taulia’s platform to determine when they want to pay and be paid. Taulia processes more than $500 billion each year and is trusted by the world’s largest companies including Airbus, AstraZeneca, Nissan and Vodafone. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer –Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.