It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little About Us:
The Knowledge Graph Science team develops the technologies that power the Yahoo Knowledge Graph and the various products and services built upon it. We enrich user experiences and develop services that improve search assistance, content discovery, personal communication, shopping and advertising across Yahoo. We provide scientific leadership through published research, new technologies and product innovations. As research scientists and research engineers, our work is innovative, impacts millions of users every day, and makes our products stand out!
- Design metrics and experiments to analyze problems and measure results
- Prototype and evaluate effective solutions based on agreed-upon goals and metrics
- Generate intellectual property with patent applications and publications at relevant forums
- Stay current on state-of-the-art research and emerging technologies in related disciplines
- Maintain world-class credentials through publications, collaborations, and service to the research community
A Lot About You:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Expertise in machine learning
- Experience in information extraction, web mining, graph mining, natural language processing, knowledge graph construction, information retrieval, semantic search and/or recommendation
- Developing innovative solutions for a wide variety of problems and products related to knowledge graphs
- Programming skills in Python, Scala or Java, or equivalent language
- Experience with collaborative research, as evidenced through solid publications
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $128,250.00 – $266,875.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.