NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
As the center of the NanoString Commercial Operating System territory. Clear strategic intentions convey the local team’s purpose making it clear how everyone can contribute and make their mark to meet and exceed quota. The Regional Account Manager is responsible for identifying and establishing, a successful Regional Account Manager will provide strategic direction and tactical focus within the assigned relationships with new and established customer accounts for the sale of capital equipment and consumable utilization of existing instrument placements. The RAM will work closely with the Life Sciences commercial teams including Field Application Scientists, Consumable Sales Representatives, Regional Marketing and Technical Sales Specialists to ensure successful partnering to achieve territory revenue goals.
Requirements: MS or BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field. A strong understanding and familiarity with gene expression technologies including qPCR, microarray analysis and Next Generation Sequencing. A minimum of 5 or more years of field experience with a proven track record of success. An ability to travel 25-50% of the time (territory dependent). Ability to create and deliver highly effective presentations. Highly self-motivated with a desire to participate in the growth and success of the commercial team. Effective organizational and administration skills including CRM and process documentation experience with a focus on accuracy and efficiency. Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. Excellent time management and project management skills. Ability to effectively participate in cross functional teams to launch new products or investigate customer issues
- Establish relationships with new accounts and secure sales with new customers that achieve assigned sales quotas including monthly and quarterly linearity targets.
- Drive the entire capital equipment sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales including pilot projects.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and partnering with FAS and CSR.
- Create a funnel of current and future opportunities in territory to increase consumable utilization of each installed platform
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales stage gating.
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and value proposition of each.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Identify and present to key decision makers including senior executives and managers.
- Work with technical support and marketing product specialists where required to address customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain territory plans with the TSS, FAS and CSR, which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for company to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales.
- Highly effective CRM management including detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions and funnel management to enable forecasts on best case and most likely sales revenue for current and next quarter.
- Cultivate strong relationships with third party and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers (ie. cell sorting and quality antibodies).
- Partner with Marketing to plan and execute lead generation campaigns.
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation.
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings.
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to develop improved sales tools.
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Laboratory experience preferred
- candidate to be located in Texas
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact email@example.com