Why join Nextech?
We are a leader in specialty healthcare technology solutions, headquartered in Tampa, FL.
We are an ever-growing team, guided by our iCREATE values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, Trust, and Excellence. We hold these values in high regard and are driven to succeed in all we do.
We’re committed to hiring and retaining talent, which is why we invest in our employees through competitive pay, a generous bonus structure, great healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and many other benefits.
If you are a software engineer, finance or accounting professional, customer support specialist, or a business development expert with a passion for healthcare technology (just to name a few), we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Quality Assurance Engineer role is primarily responsible for building test plans, test cases, and executing test cases for Nextech products. This role assures that software is built to meet high standards of excellence.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
In addition to working in accordance with appropriate conduct and behavioral standards, specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Perform exploratory, functional, and regression testing of our products in an agile environment.
- Work closely with other R&D and/or Product teams to improve and enable rapid deployment of new product offerings and/or features
- Work with the QAE team to ensure adequate test coverage for all product releases
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases with a high standard of accuracy
- Troubleshoot and triage issues/bugs with multiple teams during the testing process to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document and follow up on all encountered bugs/issues during the triage process
- Analyze test results to ensure correct functionality and communicate with the team for the resolution of bugs
- Assist other departments by answering questions about the product, reproducing issues, ect.
- Recommend continuous process improvement ideas, provide regular status updates to QAE team regarding testing results.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned based on business needs
- 3 years of experience in technical or QA field
- Proven work experience within the software industry related to software test engineering concepts and processes
- Ability to work quickly and juggle many concurrent tasks eloquently
- Ability to manage and execute test cases using test management tools (Zephyr)
- Excellent communication, time management, organization skills, flexibility
- Strong analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Eagerness for learning and a desire to stay up to date with software quality assurance best practices
- Ability to implement test plans and test cases for ongoing development projects
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server
- ISTQB certification
- Agile certification
- Knowledge of healthcare systems and processes
- Experience with testing in iOS environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related IT field
- 5 free mental health counseling sessions annually
- Flexible Time Off: take time off when you need it without worrying about available hours
- 10 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous annual bonus opportunity
- iCREATE Employee Recognition Program
- Insurance : Choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Wellness Program including discounts on medical premiums
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Volunteer Time Off
- 100% Company-Paid Parental leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 100% Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Sponsored 529 College Savings Plan
- Corporate Discounts on Retail, Travel, and Entertainment
- Pet Insurance options
- Long-distance or air travel as needed – not to exceed 10% travel.
- Activities require a significant amount of work in front of a computer monitor