Position: Quality Assurance Engineer (EU)
Department: Innovation / Engineering
Reports to: Quality Assurance Lead
Location: Wherever you are happiest – Work from home, Full-time –
Compensation: £56,000 – £67,000
Tessitura is a nonprofit company dedicated to helping arts and cultural organizations thrive.
CRM lies at the heart of our mission and our technology platform. With Tessitura in their toolkit, organizations can achieve their goals with ease.
The Tessitura community includes over 750 cultural institutions in ten countries. Our staff provide 24/7 support and offer guidance to grow revenue and build lifelong engagement.
At Tessitura, the Innovation Group’s mission is to build Tessitura’s product and technology innovation pipeline from identification of need, through ideation, product development, engineering, infrastructure, quality assurance, deployment, and feedback/iteration cycles, ensuring that we deliver continually innovated technology to our members, ecosystem partners, and team members.
The Engineering division is responsible for creating enterprise systems that cut across all the functions of an arts and cultural organization to enable connections with prospects, donors, members, single-ticket buyers, and subscribers and other constituent groups. Tessitura offers an equally strong solution for ticketing, fundraising, marketing, customer relationship management, data segmentation and web capabilities. This includes business facing applications, consumer facing web applications, Android-based access control systems, and more.
As part of the Engineering division and reporting to the team Quality Assurance Lead, Quality Assurance Engineers are responsible for Tessitura products and software feature review, testing and test automation. This requires the ideal candidate be dedicated to ensuring Tessitura’s product integrity and standards are met. Our QA team uses a mix of automated and manual testing techniques. We are looking for someone who can participate in both and is excited to be part of a team that seeing testing as a valuable, challenging, and fun activity.
Quality Assurance Engineer Responsibilities:
- Plan, execute, and conduct testing of software features to confirm quality conformance to specifications.
- Help define and document processes for testing and refine the testing cycle.
- Conduct test case analysis, management, and documentation.
- Contribute to the automated testing suites.
- Participate in version release testing.
- Participate in peripheral hardware testing and certification.
- Assist in software releases and deployments as needed.
- Participate in planning sessions for software development efforts as needed.
- Maintain and produce documentation of team processes and tools.
- Travel may be required for team meetings, company meetings and the Tessitura annual user conference. (Currently suspended)
- Other Duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years industry experience as a QA Engineer writing test automation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, tools testing best practices, version control practices and defect management practice.
- Analytical, problem-solving, decision-making skills, and project management skills.
- Superb computer competence, including database management.
- An open, curious, and growth-oriented mindset.
- Strong and demonstrated interpersonal, communications and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work calmly, effectively and flexibly with remote team.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to grasp new products and applications concepts quickly.
- Ability to work on and prioritize a wide variety of complicated tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated strong initiative and ability to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and follow schedules.
- Must be based in the UK
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of experience writing test automation with tools such as Playwright, Cypress, or Protractor.
- 1+ years of experience in integration technology, automation and cloud coding languages.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and how QA functions within it.
- Experience writing queries, stored procedures, views and other database objects with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in a Tessitura or TN Express Web application technical position.
How to apply:
Please apply using the online form or by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our company is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as well as providing a workplace of mutual respect, free of any discrimination or harassment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) Commitment:
At Tessitura, our mission is to enable arts and cultural organizations to achieve their goals. We recognize that having a diverse team is not only critical to our commitment to adopt equitable behaviors, it will also fuel collaboration, innovation and creativity as we deliver on our mission.
Creating an environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work is both our pledge and our passion.
Ultimately, providing an accessible and inclusive workplace will allow the Tessitura community to thrive.
Tessitura is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, engaging in legally protected activity, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Tessitura also provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law. Subject to its legitimate business requirements, Tessitura bases all personnel actions, such as recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall, compensation and benefits, discipline, termination, and educational, recreational, and social programs, solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, and performance.