We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
You will own key parts of data quality for our data platform team for a data-first healthcare company. You will help set a new bar for data quality by establishing new and build upon existing data quality processes and practices to deliver high quality data assets to Komodo product teams. You will play a key role in validating our API layer from data quality, metrics, security, etc.
Data quality is essential to business success at Komodo. While you will be a key individual in helping us achieve this, we believe achieving great data quality requires expertise from multiple roles – yours, product managers, engineering, and clinical experts; you will be part of an engineering team.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Became familiar with healthcare datasets, healthcare domain, and Komodo’s data ingestion processes
- Collaborated with product managers, data scientists, engineers and clinical experts on defining and implementing validation rules
- Developed a data quality testing framework (code) to validate data flow through different transformations.
- Developed process improvements to enhance overall data quality.
- Analyzed, debugged, and documented problems / observations, and worked with the engineering team to identify the root causes and resolutions
- Improved data product quality through increased test coverage
- Helped agile teams deliver quality validated products in timely fashion
- Adhered to and promoted quality standards
What you bring to Komodo:
- Previously had ownership over the data quality of a product or project, including the test planning, test execution, and creating test automation framework
- Experience working with complex data domains with complex relationships between different data domains
- Basic knowledge or experience with statistics and data visualizations
- Experience designing and implementing data quality processes and frameworks
- Performed both automated and manual data validation, with the focus on increasing automation
- Experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman, etc.
- Proficient in scripting with Python and testing modules like pytest
- Experience writing SQL queries and working with Relational Databases
- Comfortable with version control systems such as Git/GitHub
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, in a fast-paced and demanding agile environment
- Experience with full software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with designing, developing and maintaining end to end test frameworks, automated tests, best practices, etc. to ensure high quality data API
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.