Manager of Software Development
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America’s top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do, and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality. Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people. At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
Pulte Financial Services (an affiliate of PulteGroup) is looking for an experienced technology leader who’s passionate about building and leading a team of software development engineers. The Software Development Manager will be responsible for leading a team of talented engineers in designing, building, and delivering our suite of financial services products throughout the organization. This individual will support self-development, performance, and professional growth of individuals, as well as foster a supportive, inclusive, and collaborative environment in which our people can do their best work. The ideal candidate will have a deep and diverse technology background and a proven track record of leading software development teams tasked with delivering continuous digital transformations.
- Attract, lead, mentor/develop, and retain highly engaged and capable software development engineers responsible for delivery against the organization’s technology and business strategies.
- Manage the success of software development life cycle as it relates to resource management, software development process management ensuring resources deliver against product scrum team commitments.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to support engineers and accelerate software development productivity, ensuring the highest quality software is developed, delivered, and maintained.
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support agile software development practices.
- Create a fun, fast paced, motivating, and rewarding environment for engineering teams and the organization.
- Foster the energy to search out and evangelize new and emerging technologies.
- Partner, influence and implement improvements and efficiencies in the technical aspects of the development process.
- Build an understanding of how our products are built and how they work, think end-to-end by connecting all the pieces of the business to deliver the features to delight our customers (internal and external).
- Manage and mentor the professional development and goals of team members, conducting regular one-on-one meetings and giving timely feedback.
- Closely follow industry trends, demonstrate a passion and motivation for continuous learning.
- Responsible for optimizing software development workflow and creating a successful environment for a high-performance software development organization.
- Champion and lead teams to have an inclusive culture of learning, continuous improvement, and execution while finding new ways of collaborating with technology and business partners.
Work closely with and build productive relationships with agile software development lifecycle leaders’ stakeholders to improve processes, solve problems, while keeping parties informed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of software development experience as a Full-stack C# developer using the Microsoft technology stack including .Net core, .Net Framework, RESTful Web API, Website and Web Service development.
- 3+ years of direct people management experience in software development capacity (attracting, retaining, inspiring, and growing individuals, demonstrating a passion for people development and mobility).
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent leadership and people skills, experience working with various teams, influencing, and getting buy-ins in various situations.
Experience managing remote teams and collaborating with teams across distributed geographies.
- Previous experience leading and developing highly available and scalable systems, with expertise in web services, front-end and back-end technologies across of range of digital solutions and environments (mobile, web, omni-channel solutions, other new emerging technologies).
- Experience with enterprise software development techniques such as SOA/EDA based design, microservices architectures using Web API, queue-based processing using messaging technologies, designing, and building applications using container and serverless technologies.
- Experience working in and leading Agile software development methodologies and DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployments and delivery teams, certification a plus.
- Demonstrated history of raising the bar on staff delivery performance and cultivating high performance work environments.
- Effectively manage relationships (up, down, across).
Position is located in Englewood, CO south of Denver. Hybrid work arrangement.
Salary Range: $120K-$140K annual base salary, depending on experience.
This position is also eligible for annual bonus based on the successful completion of defined performance objectives.
All offers of employment are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive pre-hire background check including credit, criminal, education and employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will provide a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability that will enable the individual to have an equal opportunity to participate in the application process and to be considered for a job.