Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
Salary Band: $130,105 – $147,250
Merit is looking for an experienced manager and writer of government pursuits and proposals to join our business development team. Our primary focus will be on State-level pursuits, but responses to federal, local and commercial clients will be included in the scope.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time opportunity.
- Manage the process of responding to competitive solicitations from beginning to end, including but not limited to RFPs, RFIs, RFOs and RFQs
- Help develop and maintain pursuit capture plans, working closely with Pursuit Champions to drive early pre-positioning and pursuit readiness efforts
- Execute proposal efforts on large, complex opportunities
- Participate in and support strategy meetings and technical sessions
- Lead proposal activities, including schedules, outlines, and all deliverables Collaborate with technical teams and SMEs
- Write/review/edit content for clarity, compliance, key messages
- Work with Design Team to plan and produce materials ensuring all proposal materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit
- Work with teams to develop winning pursuit strategies, including partnering, business intelligence on clients and competitors, etc.
- Assist pursuit team in interview/presentations including slide development and rehearsals
- Communicate progress of the pursuits program internally
- 5+ years of proven and recurring success managing proposals, including 5+ years experience managing complex Government proposals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, high-value proposals from onset to conclusion
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal processes and workflows, including managing up and laterally to obtain necessary content, review and approvals for time-sensitive work
- Proficient with Google Suite, task management software, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint, and other communications-related software programs
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously and meet short deadline
- Strategic mindset, sound judgment, ability to develop and manage strategic capture plans
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively across diverse teams
- Problem solver, able to resolve conflicts under time sensitive production expectations
- Significant experience with state government pursuits
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support, and value them for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We encourage applications from veterans and military spouses.
Merit is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for our employees. If you need accessibility assistance or a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.