Liquibase is hiring a Professional Services Engineer to implement our Enterprise database change management product. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping companies achieve their DevOps goals with experience in databases, DevOps technologies, container technologies and enterprise cloud & IT environments. They are excited to work alongside developers to build, improve, and deliver significant product enhancements that solve challenging problems in the database DevOps & CI/CD space.
This position is responsible for customer implementations – both on-site and via web meetings. Professional Services Engineers develop a long-term partnership with customers to ensure they remain successful and realize the full value of their Liquibase investment. This includes day-to-day management of implementations, developing and executing upon an overarching technical strategy, detailed issue tracking, root cause issue analysis and resolution.
The ideal candidate will have professional services experience with external customers and will be highly technical.
The candidate should have at least 3 years experience in progressively responsible roles relating to professional services in the software industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform customer implementations (requirements, design, implementation, testing, and documentation)
- Provide training and technical support
- Share customer needs with product management
- Participate in the broader account team for the assigned clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients, management, and peers
- Document and communicate problem/resolution and information/action plans
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience implementing CI/CD platforms such as Harness, Spinnaker, Jenkins, UrbanCode and Octopus
- Demonstrated proficiency with Git workflows and Git usage.
- Experience with databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Postgres EnterpriseDB
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Proven ability to methodically diagnose and document complex customer problems in multi-vendor environments.
- Able to efficiently reproduce customer issues, document reproduction steps for engineering and resolution steps for the customer.
Project Management Skills
- Understand, prioritize and drive resolution of issues through hands-on involvement and highly effective communication between responsible parties at the client site and Liquibase.
- Use project management methodology to thoroughly document, prioritize, track and drive customer requirements and technical solutions for 2-3 month projects.
This role will require occasional travel to customer sites to provide training and implementation services.
All candidates will be subject to technical and background screening. A college degree in Computer Science or other technical field is preferred and applicable experience will be considered as an alternative to a degree.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with configuration management tools such Ansible
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- A fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- 401K matching (US-only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- We work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
Company Overview – We are Liquibase
Liquibase is the leader in the database release automation segment of the more broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 75 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. You can expect to revel in growth across the board — in the number of customers we support, in the experiments we run, in the scope and complexity of our technical projects, and the list goes on.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws