At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $200 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
Reporting to the VP Product, the Product Designer will independently lead all aspects of the design process from ideation to deployment and build a strong design system.
The Product Designer will partner closely with Engineering and Product to understand our users’ goals, build and ship new product features, and measure the success of our designs.
- Work closely with customers to understand how real machine learning engineers are using our tools day to day
- Design and prototype ideas quickly, in collaboration with engineers, and get fast feedback from live user calls
- Partner with developers to build and ship new product features
- Work closely with Product to define user goals
- Balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Guide and partner with Engineering on our design system and component library
- A versatile designer who can own all facets of design (strategy, IA, content, and interaction design).
- 6+ years-experience in digital user-centered design, and are hands-on from the initial wireframes to developing prototypes and providing final assets
- Proficient in user-centered design methods, storytelling, and detailed interaction design
- Strong working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in web-based technologies such as HTML and CSS and with design frameworks, like Material-UI
- Care deeply not just about producing strong designs but about the outcome they have once shipped
- Plus: Experience in Data Visualization
- 🏝️ Unlimited vacation time
- 🩺 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 $500 home office budget with new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave
- 📈 401(k)
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.