Articulate is seeking a Privacy Counsel to join our amazing team.
The Privacy Counsel will be an integral member of our growing Legal team, reporting to the Sr. Director of Commercial Law. We’re seeking a highly adaptable, collaborative, personable attorney with excellent communication skills who can manage rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This person must have strong problem-solving skills, including managing through ambiguity, and is able to work autonomously and partner within the Legal group and across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Provide business-focused legal advice on global data privacy requirements (e.g., GDPR; CCPA/CPRA and other state laws; etc.).
- Assist in the continuing development of the data privacy program, in collaboration with others in Legal, Compliance, and Security, this may include:
- Updating internal and external privacy policies and notices
- Reviewing and refining internal processes
- Contributing to privacy and security training
- Conducting privacy impact or other risk assessments, and monitoring risk mitigation measures
- Counseling on privacy and/or security-related certifications
- Supporting incident response and investigating privacy complaints
- Act as the data privacy subject matter expert for commercial transactions, providing counsel on customer and vendor deals and supporting the ongoing development of templates and playbooks.
What you should have:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited U.S. law school, and active admission in at least one state Bar, CIPP/US and/or CIPP/EU certification is a plus.
- Five to seven years of experience helping organizations develop privacy programs and manage risks, ideally including experience working in-house for a SaaS and/or fully remote organization.
- Deep understanding of global privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA/CPRA.
- Able to assess and manage risk strategically, and partner to find business-friendly solutions.
- Program management skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Practical experience in incident response management.
- Align with and fully support the organization’s goals and human centered culture.
- A “roll up your sleeves,” team-oriented mindset, able to act quickly and decisively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, and familiar with G-Suite and Slack.
- Located within the United States.
You’re the ideal candidate if:
- You have experience working in-house to develop data privacy programs for a SaaS organization, and working in a fully, remote environment.
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 111,965+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 100 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 1,035,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.